It’s dead easy to make excuses for not prepping: too tired, no time, no desire… but it does get a lot harder with a recipe as simple as this!
For 6 servings:
- 6 chicken breasts (free range, red tractor approved, you know the drill… )
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 1 large onion chopped (or blended)
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 medium or one large courgette, roughly chopped
- a pack (500ml) passata
- curry paste/powder/herbs
- 1 kcal olive oil spray
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Coat chicken breasts in oil spray and your favourite herbs. Stick in a baking tray and cover with foil. Check after 15 minutes, remove foil and cook till done.
- In a deep pan/pot spray a few pumps of the oil and throw in the onion. Then your herbs/paste/spices. A minute later, the peppers. Then courgettes. Then chickpeas. Add passata. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Divide into portions and feel smug.