Okay so, I think this is the best granola ever. You might disagree, but I finally found my perfect level of sweetness, nuts and chocolate.
And for once, I’m even including nutritional values for you! One portion (50g) is 288kcal, with 31.9g of carbs, 9.7g fat and 5.6g of protein, as per the first image below.
Second image are the values with 150g of Milbona (Lidl) Strawberry Skyr and Strawberries.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix 250g of oats with 90g of maple syrup.
- Spread onto a baking tray, bake for 10 minutes, then mix through and bake for another 5.
- Add 100g crushed mixed nuts – I had a lovely mix from Lidl containing cashew, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Crush (with pestle and mortar) 60g of the darkest chocolate you can find and add to cooled mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.
This granola is even better if you mix the hot oats directly into the chocolate so that the chocolate melts and coats the rest of the granola!