One of my most favourite soups, incredibly easy and delicious!
- Pre – heat oven to 250 degrees C.
- Cut a large butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- De – seed and cut in half two large red peppers.
- Peel and halve two smallish red onions.
- Brush all the veg with olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes. When the BNS is soft, you’re good to go.
- Carefully scoop the flesh from the BNS, discarding the peel, into a soup pot. To this, add the peppers and onions. Blitz everything with some water to achieve the consistency you want and a veggie stock cube.
- On the photo, I served the soup with some kale that was about to go off, and a dollop of sour cream, but you can get really creative here. For my Mexican inspired vegan meal, I added some smoked paprika. To make a meal out of it, add red kidney beans – go crazy!