I love getting creative with wraps! These are vegan, but you can always add cheese on top and meat like chicken inside if you so wish (if you use meat, skip the beans as otherwise it will be too heavy!)
For 8 wraps, you’ll need:
- 8 large (wholegrain) tortilla wraps
- 2 courgettes
- 2 peppers (I used one green one yellow)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- one tin of red kidney beans
- one tin of butterbeans
- one bag of spinach (250g)
- 500ml of passata
- 200 ml of hot water with a veggie stock cube
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, olive oil
- Pre heat oven to about 150 degrees C.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in a large deep frying pan with some olive oil.
- Add chopped peppers.
- Add chopped courgettes.
- When all of the above are soft – add the beans, stock and 3/4 of the passata and leave to bubble for about 10 minutes. At the very last stage, add in the spinach and then carefully wrap the vegetables into the wraps.
- Arrange the wraps in one layer in an ovenproof dish and brush with remaining passata with a little bit of olive oil added into it.
- After about 10 minutes in the oven, you’re ready to eat! If you’re hosting a dinner party, you can keep them warm in the oven at 50 degrees C, but be careful that they don’t dry out! I served mine with rice, but you can also have a small salad on the side!