This is hands down the easiest, quickest and tastiest pasta. It’s creamy without cream and the prawns provide an awesomely delicious source of protein.
For two, you’ll need:
- 2 cloves of garlic – super finely chopped
- half a medium onion – finely chopped
- 200g of the sweetest tomatoes you can find, I love the mini long ones from Lidl, they are like sweets – finely chopped
- 300g prawns, peeled – mine were frozen
- 250g of pasta – for this I find linguine works best as they have some great sauce absorbing potential
- coriander – finely chopped, but not until the very last moment
- Boil a kettle and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Fry the onions in a little olive oil and garlic, then add the tomatoes, then, when soft – the garlic. Then, only for a very short moment, the prawns – take care not to overcook them, otherwise they will become rubbery.
- Then DO NOT drain the paste, but scoop it into the pan with the prawns, that way, some of the pasta liquid will make for a lovely, creamy sauce. At the very last moment, add in the coriander and you’re done!