Risotto is amazing. It may be a bit stressful to make the first time as you have to keep stirring, but keep it it and you will be rewarded with an amazing plate of warming deliciousness.
For 2, you need:
- 300 g/ 2 cups of chanterelles or other mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 300ml/ half a pint of white wine
- one litre/ 2 pints of vegetable (or chicken) stock
- one medium onion, very finely chopped
- 200g/ 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 50g/ half a cup of grated parmesan
- Melt some butter in a deep pan and, once the butter is hot, add the onions. Fry till glazed.
- Add in the rice and make sure every bit of rice is covered in butter.
- Slowly, add little slushes of wine and stock.
- Cook for about 20 minutes and keep stirring and adding wine and stock.
- In the meantime, fry the mushrooms in some butter until soft. Should take about 5 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, add the mushrooms and parmesan. Stir and enjoy.