Sweet potatoes are amazing.
They are fun, they are delicious and they are nutritious!
Crucially, they also make an awesome meal prep ingredient. They are relatively fast to prepare (faster than potatoes) and offer lots of nutrients as well as being a great source of carbs.
Ways to prepare – in my personal preference order:
- Sweet potato fries – not going to lie, I love them fried, but I have yet to find the perfect recipe. Can’t quite manage to achieve the perfect crunch!
- Roasted – second best and way healthier than above – cut into strips, toss with sea salt, olive oil and smoked paprika, and whack ’em in a pre – heated oven. 20 minutes with a good toss halfway through at 180 degrees should do it. DO NOT PEEL THEM – the skin crisps up and is amazing!
- Roasted – Cut in half, sprinkled with sea salt and brushed with olive oil. Delicious with some chimichurri on top.
- Sweet potato gratin
- Microwave – cube ’em up and blitz them till soft. I do this for my egg muffins.
- Microwave – mash – as above, but mashed with some hot milk and butter, finished with some sea salt.
Recipes with sweet potato: